Social Media & Marketing Manager | Toronto, ON
View our Indeed job posting to apply.
Hospitality is not just in our name, it’s who we are.
Larco Hospitality, one of Canada’s leading full-service, hotel management companies is seeking a highly motivated, creative storyteller with demonstrated enthusiasm and experience in marketing strategy.
Who we are:
Our current portfolio features some of the most well‐recognized and best‐loved brands in the hospitality industry including the JW Marriott, Sheraton, Marriott Hotels & Resorts and Hilton. But we are more than our brands. We are a service‐driven culture that believes in creating loyalty with both our guests and associates.
We believe that the heart of our company is our people. Your respect and wellbeing come first with us, and we will act ethically and with integrity to deliver the best working environment for you. We are committed to providing safe working conditions and have invested heavily in measures aimed at keeping employees healthy during the COVID-19 pandemic.
As a member of the Corporate team, you will be guided by our core values of empathy, responsiveness, integrity, teamwork and valuing differences. Larco Hospitality believes in providing exceptional work experiences for our associates and we don’t just value your talent; we value you as a whole person.
What you’ll do:
Reporting to the Director of Reputation Management, the Social Media & Marketing Manager will manage the marketing and social media initiatives of our two Toronto hotels, Toronto Marriott City Centre and Sheraton Toronto Airport Hotel & Conference Centre, and their respective restaurants, by implementing strategies to retain and grow our followers while converting them to guests, active fans and promoters.
As the Social Media & Marketing Manager, you will:
- Always have storytelling on the brain. You’re either planning the logistics for future posts, curating content from internal and external sources, creating a graphic (aligned with brand standards), organizing a contest, posting content to our channels (after proofreading your work!) or analyzing past posts.
- Make guest service your priority. Our guests are at the heart of everything we do. You will train and help guide the Guest Services team to ensure we’re providing the same quality of care online as we do offline.
- Always have a camera on you. You’re ready to snap pics or film a video on the fly or plan & stage a photo or video shoot. Perhaps heading to the kitchen to capture dishes coming off the line, creating a video for a Facebook ad or going live on Instagram during an on-site event.
- Collaborate with internal stakeholders. You’ll work alongside the leadership teams in Sales, Food & Beverage and HR to help them reach their goals as well as engaging with our Regional Director to ensure alignment. Whether you’re creating collateral or updating the restaurant website to promote a seasonal menu, launching a contest or communicating renovations updates, you’ll listen to their ideas while ensuring we’re focused on overall business goals.
- Confidently share your expertise. Whether it’s an off-the-cuff conversation, a new hire orientation or a formal training session, you’re educating fellow employees of all levels about social media: why we’re doing what we’re doing and how they can help.
- Learn every day. You’ll stay on top of what’s happening in the hotels (at the property and brand level), in the city and the industry since it may inform the content you post (or don’t post!) or the direction you might take.
- Build relationships. Identify key external partners we can work with to broaden our reach including influencers, local attractions as well as industry/community associations.
- Never be bored. A typical work week will involve you splitting your time between the 3 hotels as needed. You will constantly be on the go and be pulled in different directions and you’ll need to manage your time effectively and prioritize your work as needed.
What you offer us:
The Social Media & Marketing Manager is a relationship builder and influencer, with strong interpersonal skills to ally with key people in order to execute. They have the ability to articulate and communicate with all levels of the organization from our front line to senior leaders, who are all key to the success of social initiatives. They are an advocate for social media as an evolving and growing area within hospitality. It is because of their enthusiasm and passion for the field that they are able to help others appreciate its impact to our company’s reputation and guest experience.
- Bachelor’s degree in marketing, communications, PR or related field.
- At least 3 years of experience in marketing, communications and/or social media.
- Strong writing and communication skills with an eye for accuracy and detail.
- Photography, video production and graphic design skills.
- Excellent organizational and time management skills.
- Experience with paid social media advertising would be considered an asset.
- Openness to constructive feedback and coaching.
- Ability to use independent judgment and to be self-directed.
- Great sense of accountability with strong execution skills.
- Experience working cross-functionally with all levels and departments of an organization.
What we’ll offer you:
Larco Hospitality supports a work-from-home arrangement during the COVID-19 pandemic, subject to operational needs.
- Competitive compensation and a comprehensive benefits plan
- Flexible working hours and ad hoc remote days
- Discounted hotel stays for you, your friends & family at over 6,900 properties spanning 130 countries and territories
- Social activities throughout the year including staff appreciation weeks, annual holiday parties (and kids’ party!), team outings and more!
- World-class service training program and job-specific training opportunities
- An opportunity to use your creativity every day
- Exposure to all departments offering a well-rounded view of hotel operations
- A fun and supportive work environment, working with a great team of individuals with varying backgrounds and expertise in a culture that values diversity and inclusion
Larco Hospitality is an equal opportunity employer committed to fostering a positive and inclusive workplace. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, colour, national origin, gender, age, religion, disability, sexual orientation, veteran status, or any other status or characteristic protected by law. Accommodations will be made available upon request for applicants with disabilities to enable them to participate in the selection process.